Sometimes I love my blog, I mean, it is my Korean baby that I have nurtured for the past year in my tiny closet of an apartment. There are nights where I find myself typing well into the night and laughing at my own dorky jokes that I try to nonchalantly slip between sentences of Korean observations. Other nights MyKoreaQuest is a pestering tot that nags for attention while I try and relax in front of the latest HIMYM episode (tot is one of my classroom vocabulary words this week). I ignored my blog for 6 days last week and it was the perfect time to receive a Liebster Award nomination from A Fat’s Girl’s Food Guide. This is just what I needed: a simple reminder that people out there read my words and all of us crazy bloggers are in this together. Thank you so much fatgirlkr – keep doing your thing – I love your blog!
So…to accept the nomination you must:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and share their blog link in your post. Thanks again, Fat’s Girl’s Food Guide!
2) Attach the award icon to your site. (see above)
3) Answer some questions from the previous blogger and choose new ones for your nominees. (see below)
4) Nominate other bloggers for the award. (see below)
Ok, here goes…
1. If you could be a superhero which one would you be and why?
Catwoman – Did you see Anne Hathaway in The Dark Knight Rises? Enough said.
2. What would you eat for your last meal on earth?
I am not sure what I would eat, but it would certainly be home-cooked. I have worked in enough restaurants to know better.
3. If I gave you a $100 right now what would you spend it on?
I would splurge on cupcake ingredients. I just inherited an adorable cupcake-maker from a friend who was leaving Korea.
4. When was the last time you cried and why?
I was homesick on the phone with my mom pretending to not be homesick and crying on the phone, but shucks, that woman knows me too well.
5. Whats the last nice thing you did for someone else?
I just burned a CD for my friend.
6. What’s the best costume you have ever worn?
I was a hotdog for Halloween one year. I’m still bitter that my mom donated the costume to our local public library to work into their holiday display.
7. If you could go back in time which year would you choose?
1994 – summer
8. If I gave you a free plane ticket where would you go?
I would fly to Boston to see my grandfather.
9. What was the best present you have ever received?
This is a tough one…but I do smile when I remember receiving Jagged Little Pill (my first CD) for Christmas in 1995. I proudly popped out the Christmas ballads and blasted Alanis’s bitter and inappropriate words for the remainder of the holiday morning. I had no idea what I was singing, but I am sure my parents did, and somehow the CD ‘went missing’ the next day.
10. How would you spend your last day on earth?
I would love to be at the beach or at a stellar concert – maybe a concert on the beach?
11. Is a jaffa cake, a cake or a biscuit?
This is the first I have heard of Jaffa Cake, but after a quick Google image search I am going to go with biscuit because I love to shake things up.
Ok, here are the sources of inspiration for my own blog / aka my nominations. Check out these blogs about life in Korea!
Some questions (from me) to ponder:
1) What was the first CD / tape you owned?
2) If you had to describe Gangnam Style with 1 word what would it be?
3) How many T-Money cards do you really own?
4) How do I prepare for Pepero Day?
5) When was the last time you felt embarrassed?
6) What’s a new song you recently discovered and think I should listen to?
7) When was the last time you danced?
8) What’s a saying you would love to make happen?
9) Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible?
10) What time (9am, 11am, 1pm…) do you consider to be an appropriate time to wake-up on a weekend?
Thanks again for the nomination, be well and have great weeks all!